- He insists on doing things like the above.
- He changes the sheets when the kids pee or puke in their beds.
- He gets offended when Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream comes on the radio (he says he thinks about our girls doing those things when they’re teenagers).
- He saves the kids’ messages on his phone because he says it takes him to his “happy place.”
- While typically introverted, he surprises us sometimes by doing things like acting out the animals in children’s books because he thinks our reaction is hysterical.
- The kids ask where he is every morning (even though they know he’s already at work), and squeal and cheer when I say he’ll be home.
- He carries the feminine black, white and red diaper bag backpack (I asked his opinion before I bought it, and didn’t get anything pink even though he said he didn’t care).
- When Bean was going through a frequent night-waking phase, he devised a way to get her to lie down and go back to sleep that didn’t involve picking her up OR crying (WHOO HOO!)
- He doesn’t mind going into the men’s restroom to change diapers, and actually gets kind of offended when his bathroom doesn’t have a diaper changing station.
- When the kids were babies, we used to fight over who got to hold them.
Happy Father’s Day to all you fabulous dads! We couldn’t do it without you!
What makes your partner a great dad?