I happen to think that I picked one of the best men around to be the father of my children.
Side note: I happen to know tons of women who think they picked a pretty awesome guy to be the father of their children and that makes me really happy. I have a lot of gratitude about that, and I think it’s pretty cool that my friends have such great husbands.
In addition to being an awesome father, my husband also made me feel pretty special on Mother’s Day. Special like, took all three kids to the grocery store on a Saturday morning so he could make me French toast. Then sending me off for a pedicure with strict instructions not to return for several hours. And when I did finally return, not only did he make me chocolate chip cookies, but he also made me scotcheroos. I’ve never, ever, ever had anyone make me chocolate chip cookies. I’m always the one making them for other people – usually my family – and I LOVE doing it. But I would often jokingly complain that no one ever made ME cookies. And then he did. His first time ever. And they were awesome.
So I knew that I wanted to make Husband feel really special on Father’s Day. And I did make him a favorite dessert and get him a cool T-shirt and some of his favorite snacks and a gift certificate for golf. BUT, my favorite parte was something the girls and I worked on over a month ago. I asked them all the reasons they loved their daddy, or things they wanted to thank daddy for, and this is what they came up with.
- I want to thank you for making our bunk beds. (Bean)
- I want to say thank you for helping me do my best each day. (Monkey)
- I want to say thank you for cleaning up our toys downstairs. (Bean)
- I want to thank you for getting out our playhouse. (Bean)
- I want to thank you for picking up all the sticks in our yard. (Monkey)
- I want to thank you for covering us back up with our blankets at night. (Bean)
- I want to thank you for making food for us when we’re sick. (Monkey)
- I want to thank you for the special Mother’s Day for Mommy. (Bean)
- I want to thank you for buying us toys. (Monkey)
- I want to thank you for building our wood playhouse. (Bean)
- I love it when you give us hugs and kisses at nighttime. (Monkey)
- I love it when you snuggle with me at nighttime. (Monkey and Bean)
- I love it when you wrestle with us. (Monkey)
- I love it when you eat at the table with us and we’re all together. (Bean)
- I love it when you give us rides on the lawnmower and let us steer. (Monkey)
- I love it when you push us high on the swings. (Bean)
- I love it when you help me ride my bike. (Monkey)
- I love it that you help me in swimming class. (Bean)
- I love it that you help me pick up the apples from the apple tree. (Monkey)
- I love it that you help me with puzzles. (Bean)
- I love it when you give us horsey back rides. (Monkey and Bean)
- I love it when you take our pictures. (Monkey and Bean)
- I love it when you give us a bath and you let us throw toys at you and squirt each other. (Monkey)
- I love it when you play hide and seek with us. (Bean)
- I love it when you hold us. (Monkey and Bean)
Daddy, these are the reasons why we love you!
I also had the girls answer these fun questions about their daddy:
All About My Daddy
By Monkey (age 5) and Bean (age 3)
My daddy is 17 feet and 40 inches tall
He weighs 40 pounds
His hair color is brown
His eyes are blue
His favorite TV show is baseball
He likes to go to Qdoba
His favorite food is Hello Dolly bars
His favorite drink is soda
For fun he likes to play with us
I love it when my daddy gives us piggy back rides
My favorite thing about my daddy is when he plays outside with us
I ❤ MY DADDY
Father’s Day 2013
Husband they love you sooooo much. They adore you. You are so important to them and this family and I am so grateful to have you as my partner in the most important job of our lives.